Skookum R-Series offers both wide throat and Utili-Sheave.
A wide throat makes it much easier to pull a variety of line, connecting links, or oversized line conditions.
Wide manganese steel Utili-Sheaves work harder and last longer.
These blocks are the choice of operators for heavy-duty work. Built with no superfluous weight but a big reserve of strength and ruggedness.
- R-4 block has straight roller bearings.
- R-6, R-8, R-10 blocks have long life Timken Bearings.
- Yokes and yoke pins are forged and heat-treated alloy steel.
- Block Sides are the frame of the block. The unique shape fenders the rim of the sheave providing maximum protection from line jamming while minimizing weight, which are both critical to performance.
- Working loads from 5 tons to 9 ton
- • Utili-Sheave made of cast Manganese Steel—the longest lasting material for the job.
- • Timken Bearings. Timken Bearings. Timken is the name synonymous with the best bearings you can buy. They are standard in the R-6, R-8, & R-10 blocks. Timken means strength and long life—and capacity to hold more lubricant for extended periods.
- • Roller Bearing. Roller Bearing. R-4 block comes standard with straight roller bearings to maximize space.
- • Sheave pin. Precision machined in high tensile steel.
- • Sheave Pin Nut. On each end, holding the block assembly firmly together.
- • Block Side. Block Sides are the frame of the block. The unique shape fenders the rim of the sheave providing maximum protection from line jamming while minimizing weight which are both critical to performance. Again, in a word, the best.
- • Yokes and yoke pins. Forged and heat-treated alloy steel.
Utili-Sheave—Sheave tread optimized with a contour designed to readily pass a variety of line, connecting links, terminations to meet and exceed any of your special needs .
Skookum Blocks are made in the USA